Wednesday 23 July 2014

Summer Mini Haul

A couple of days ago, my family and I decided to go shopping for a few holiday 'essentials.' We started of with a walk along the seafront and a quick breakfast at a local restaurant and then hit the shops. 

Our first stop was a local surf shop looking out onto the beach, the shop itself is reasonably small and its stock stretches outside the store under shelter. It could easily be pictured in an idyllic holiday destination and sells everything a 'surfer girl' could need!


I was quick to pick up these simple but cute flip flops, I originally had my sights set on an identical pair with turquoise straps however eventually decided against them. The colour of them was beautiful but this pair will go with so many more outfits. Comfort wise, they are comfortable but slightly narrow. This doesn't pose too much of a problem for me due to my small feet but makes them just that little bit harder to slip on your feet. I paid £16.00 for these.Although the particular shop I visited does not have a website, you can find them here.

I have been looking for a pair of sunglasses for a while and happened to find some lovely floral ones in the same shop.



I absolutely adore these glasses. I am obsessed with everything floral and these practically screamed at me! The pattern extends down the side of the glasses and I just love it! Seriously though, can you imagine cushions in this pattern?! I cannot find the exact sunglasses online but there is an extremely similar pair here. I actually discovered the website above whilst writing this and it is safe to say I've found a new gem!

Next, we walked away from the seafront and into the town. Although It wasn't really holiday related, we decided to have a look in a jewellery shop, known as Essential.


I didn't originally intend to buy anything from Essential however I absolutely fell in love with this necklace. These pictures really do not do it justice. It is very shiny and sparkly and works great as a statement piece to change up simple outfits. Although many statement necklaces are much larger than this, I still feel that It can really brighten up an outfit.The pastel colours and the silver gems make for a pretty piece. At £15.00, only time will tell if it will keep up it's shine. But for now I am loving it!

What is a holiday without good reads? 'Nothing!' I hear you cry. I have been after some holiday reads for a while so couldn't resist popping into good ol' Waterstones.



After 1, hearing everyone rave about them; 2, constantly seeing adverts for the movie and 3, needing a long book to sink my teeth into- I decided to buy one and two from the Divergent series. The story line of these books looks absolutely epic and it is taking every ounce of my willpower not to read them before I go on holiday. I don't really have much more to say on them because I haven't read them yet, but I'm sure a book review will come up sometime soon.

Lastly, we had a quick look around Primark. It is all well and good buying expensive holiday clothes, but sometimes you buy things to wear on holiday and they stay in your wardrobe there on out. While it is nice buying quality footwear, it is useless if they are just going to be worn at the beach and around the pool.



Out of the pairs I picked up, these were by far my favorite. They are incredibly comfortable and the open toe section means that I can wear them on hot days without my feet suffocating. On top of that, I can show of cute nail polish. I like the fact that they are not your regular holiday flip flop so will add to a somewhat casual holiday outfit.

I much prefer buying small things here and there rather than shopping on a large scale so small shopping trips are something that are received very well. What have you brought for your travels?

Abbie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment