Sunday 14 September 2014

Write away the blues

A while back, I purchased an A5 notebook, with the intention of turning it into a journal. If I'm honest with myself,  I didn't expect that it would last very long. I've tried (and failed) to keep journals in the past and have given up after I hadn't been able to fulfill my vision of what I wanted it to be like.

However, 7 months later, my journal has become a hive for my thoughts, ideas, fears and everything that is whizzing around my head. I feel like I have to write, to do my thoughts justice on paper. It has become so much more than 'dear diary...'

Thinking about it now, I was able to overcome the viscous circle of half finished journals by trying to forget what I was trying to accomplish. To me my journal isn't just writing about my day but about putting the world to rights, through words. I am able to unwind after a long day or even write about an out of this world theory, one that I'd thought up while browsing the internet.



If you are, like I was, someone that likes the idea of keeping a journal but ends up quitting: persevere. My journal is for my benefit only and I love what it has become.

Do you keep a journal?

Abbie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment